THERE WILL BE NO USUAL FRIDAY NIGHT COMPETITION THIS FRIDAY DUE TO THE REGIONAL CARNIVAL BEING HELD AT MINGARA.
GOODLUCK TO ALL OUR ATHLETES COMPETING THIS WEEKEND – MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FUN & BE A GOOD SPORT!!
Region includes 4 Zones from the Greater Central Coast & Hunter Regions .
The first 2 places at each of the 8 regions will automatically progress to state. Little Athletics NSW then selects the next best 8 clear final performances across all regions. Making a total of up to 24 athletes in each event at the State Championships.
MINGARA ATHLETICS CENTRE
23RD – 25TH February 2018
List of Events & Program
Live Fields & Results
General Info Sheet
Please click on the Region 2 info.
There is a $10.00 entry charge per athlete payable to our club . This year the club will subsidize 5.00 of this fee.
- There are “ NOT BEFORE EVENT CALL TIMES ” ie the event can’t be called before that time , please arrive with plenty of time before your event to avoid missing it.
- This event is completely run by ” VOLUNTEERS ” so please consider this before making any comments.
- OUR CLUB DOES NOT RUN REGION we just provide helpers and officials where needed as do the other 6 Zones.
- Remember at the end of the day it is not the ” OLYMPICS “ and they are all kids so encourage and comfort your kids and think for before yelling out .
- OUR CLUBS TENT will be located to the RHS of the track when you enter the gates.
- When you arrive at the track please check in at the Club tent to have your name marked off including parent helpers.
- Full uniform is required with rego numbers on the front, Coles patch on the right shoulder and Age patch on the Left leg or shoulder. Plain black shorts,tights or skins . Incorrect uniform means no competition.
- Events will start on Friday night is 5.10pm, Saturday morning is 7.40am and Sunday morning is 7.40am
- Bring plenty of fluids, sunscreen and a comfy chair with you as there can sometimes be long waits between events.
- Water, sunscreen, aerogard and snacks will be made available by the club for parent helpers.
- St Johns will be providing all first aid.
- There will be a BBQ and canteen operating.
- Please remember if you are rostered on to help with throws you MUST wear ENCLOSED shoes.
- If your childs events look like they are going to clash then the event CLASH MANAGER will arrange for the kids to be taken from there event . Remember track takes priority over a field event. Don’t enter the track and take your kids to another event it is up to the clash manager if they don’t then they will have to re run the event.
- All parents that have submitted an entry form for their child WILL be required to assist with the weekend in some way unless a there is a valid excuse.
- Duties maybe at events such as hurdles, marshaling tents , delivering water to our helpers and helping at our clubs tent.
- If you have any problems with your allocated duty, then please try and do a swap with another parent , make sure you sign the parent helper sheet at your given event.
- Protests ” DONT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES APPROACH ANY OFFICIAL OR ANYONE AT THE BIG GREEN SHED “ – you have the right to protest via our TEAM MANAGER, the cost is $50.00 paid by the individual and must be made within 30 minutes of the results being posted. However at this stage there are no Track Umpires this year, so the protest in most cases will be dismissed. If you have any other queery please come to our tent first .
- Video evidence cannot be accepted for protests.
- Medals for the 1st 3 place getters . Engraving will also be available at a small charge.
- RULES OF COMPETITION ” Click Here “
- Relays please come to our tent if you believe your are in a relay event.
- Athletes must compete at and qualify for LANSW State Track & Field championships via an LANSW Region Track & Field Championship. Regions will be restricted to 2 automatic qualifiers per event, plus the next best 8 clear final performances across all regions, to a maximum of 24.
- If your circumstances have changed and your child is not competing in all or some of their events then please advise the club asap.
- Just a reminder that the club pays the $10.00 entry fee for each athlete who enters the Region Carnival regardless if you compete or not.
- REGION SHIRTS should be available for collection.